Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tallinn, Estonia (April 6, 2020)
Event: Social distancing requirements continue in Estonia. Effective April 4, stores are required to calculate the maximum number of customers that fit in their premises while following the “2+2 distancing” requirements (two meters of separation from others and maximum two people in a group). Stores must monitor and limit store occupancy based on these calculations and must also provide disinfectant for customer use. More details are available here.
The U.S. Department of State continues to stress that all U.S. citizens living abroad wishing to return to the U.S. should do so immediately. Passenger flights from Tallinn Airport continue to remain extremely limited with three weekly flights to Frankfurt. Americans seeking to depart Estonia for the United States are urged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Passenger traffic on ferries from Tallinn to Helsinki is still available but limited. Please check the U.S. Embassy in Helsinki’s website for the latest on whether transfer out of Helsinki is allowed.
The Government of Estonia will automatically extend the status of someone who’s immigration status expired during the Emergency Situation established in connection to COVID-19. Please see our Embassy’s website or the Police and Border Guard’s for more information. The U.S. Embassy is aware of legislation, proposed by the Estonian Ministry of the Interior, recommending that residence and work permits of non-EU citizens who become unemployed be revoked. This is only proposed legislation at this time and updates will be communicated as received.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Estonia.
- Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Assistance: U. S. Embassy Tallinn Kentmanni 20 15099 Tallinn Estonia +372 668 8100 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129 https://ee.usembassy.gov/ State Department - Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Estonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter