Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tallinn, Estonia (May 18, 2020)
Event: Effective May 18, the Government of Estonia has lifted the Emergency Situation in Estonia, however some restrictions remain in place, including the “2+2” distancing requirements. A full listing of current restrictions can be found on the Estonian Government’s website.
Internal borders between Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have reopened to residents of the three Baltic States. Individuals with citizenship, residence permits, and permanent places of residence in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania may cross national borders between the three countries provided they are free of any COVID-19 symptoms, and have been in the Baltic states for 14 days. No obligatory quarantine will be required, however local guidance and containment measures must be followed.
Border crossing between Estonia and Finland, in both directions, has been restored for employment activities and for essential family visits. Residents of Finland may also travel to Estonia if they are studying at an Estonian educational institution. Border checks will continue at all points of entry and proof of the trip purpose must be provided. Travelers must avoid all non-essential contact and should self-isolate for 14 days. Commuting to work and visits to pharmacies and shops are still permitted during this time provided local hygiene and the “2+2” distancing regulations are observed.
Border crossing for tourism, in either direction between Estonia and Finland, is not permitted at this time.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to update our website with new information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Estonia.
- Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Assistance: U. S. Embassy Tallinn Kentmanni 20 15099 Tallinn Estonia +372 668 8100 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129 https://ee.usembassy.gov/ State Department - Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Estonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter