Estonia – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Estonia due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Estonia due to COVID-19.
Estonia has resumed most transportation options (including airport operations and limited re-opening of borders) and business operations (including day cares and schools). Other improved conditions have been reported within Estonia. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Estonia, and this Health Alert for information regarding the Government of Estonia’s border restrictions. At this time, U.S. citizens residing in the United States are prohibited from entering Estonia for non-essential travel, which includes tourism, unless they meet the narrow exceptions detailed by the Estonian government. Information on who can travel to Estonia is found at https://vm.ee/en/information-countries-and-quarantine-requirements-passengers.
Read the country information page.
If you are considering travel to Estonia:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web pageregarding COVID-19 and updated information on the Government of Estonia’s border restrictions.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reportfor Estonia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: August 7, 2020, reissued with updates to COVID-19 information