Estonia – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to Estonia due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Estonia due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-estonia#vaxf fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Estonia Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Estonia:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Estonia.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last update July 6, 2021: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.