On September 23, Estonian Prime Minister Kallas highlighted the potential for future power outages in Estonia. U.S. citizens in Estonia should take basic precautions to prepare for possible power outages as part of overall crisis preparedness.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans.
- Familiarize yourself with the State Department’s Crisis Preparedness information.
- Familiarize yourself with the Estonian government’s website Olevalmis.ee (BeReady).
- Stock up on light sources running on an accumulator or battery.
- Ensure you have enough supplies to last a week.
- The Estonian hotline number for reporting power outages is 1343.
U.S. Embassy Tallinn
+372 668 8100
After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444