On March 11, 2020, President Donald J. Trump issued Presidential Proclamation 9993 titled “Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus.” This proclamation suspends entry as nonimmigrants or immigrants for aliens who were physically present within the Schengen Zone during the 14-day period preceding their attempted entry to the United States. Consistent with the Proclamation, U.S. Embassy Tallinn has suspended regular visa operations for most categories until further notice.
UPDATE: Beginning July 15, the U.S. Embassy in Tallinn will begin to process visa applications for individuals traveling to the United States to pursue a full course of study at an accredited institution on an F-1 visa, to participate in an exchange program as a bona fide student on a J-1 visa, and to participate in an exchange program as an academic – a professor, research scholar, short term scholar or specialist – also on a J-1 visa.
We will also consider applications from certain investors on E-1 and E-2 visas, technical experts, specialists, senior-level managers and business executives on B-1 visas. These cases will be reviewed to determine whether they are connected to a substantial investment in the United States.
The Embassy will continue to not process routine visas for visitors for pleasure (B-1/B-2).
STUDENTS AND ACADEMICS
- If you are a student, please immediately begin the process of scheduling a visa interview at ustraveldocs.com. We will have appointments available for you.
- If you are a professor, research scholar or short term scholar planning to enter the United States on a J-1 visa, please contact us at email@example.com. If your program starts soon, you can also begin the visa application process.
- Please note, if you are a student enrolled in a course of study already with a valid, current I-20 you are eligible to travel to the United States without a new visa interview.
BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL TRAVELERS
- If you are a technical expert or specialist traveling to install, service, maintain, or receive training for vessels, machinery and other specialized equipment used by U.S. and foreign firms with a substantial investment in the United States, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether you will qualify for a waiver of your travel in the national interest to the presidential proclamation. We will give you instructions on what to do next. You may be able to travel to the United States visa free (on ESTA) but you will need to contact us for a waiver first.
- If you are a senior-level manager or executive, who provides strategic direction necessary for the success of the company please contact us at email@example.com to determine whether you will qualify for a waiver of your travel in the national interest to the presidential proclamation. We will give you instructions on what to do next. You may be able to travel to the United States visa free (on ESTA) but you will need to contact us for a waiver first.
- If you are an investor planning to travel to the United States on an E visa, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to provide visa services for diplomatic and official visas, visas for flight crews, visas for immediate family members of U.S. citizens, If you have an urgent matter and need an appointment, please follow the guidance provided at www.ustraveldocs.com and reach out to email@example.com to request an emergency appointment.
Please note all services to American citizens, including passports and reports of birth abroad, are open.