FULBRIGHT TEACHING EXCELLENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT
SIX WEEKS OF STUDIES, MEETINGS, TOURS, ADVENTURES, EXPERIENCE,
NEW KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDSHIPS FOR LIFETIME
Applications for the General Pedagogy cohorts in Spring and Fall 2024 are due on
MARCH 6, 2023, https://fulbright.irex.org/
- General academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, student-centered learning, content based instruction, lesson planning, and instructional technology training for teachers.
- A practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in local secondary schools.
- A variety of relevant professional development and cultural activities.
- Zoom interviews with successful applicants will be in March 2023
- TOEFL ibT testing for successful finalists is possible in April 2023 at TalTech
Accepting Applications: January – March 2023
Applicants Notified: August 2023
Spring 2024 Cohort Program: January – March 2024
Fall 2024 Cohort Program: September – October 2024
- Current secondary level (middle and high school, students between 12 and 18/19 years of age), full-time teachers of English (EFL), math, science, social studies including special education teachers in those subjects.
- At least a B.A. degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience by the start of program, with a preference for those who have completed at least five years of full-time teaching
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Citizen and resident of Estonia
- Educational administrators (such as representatives or officials of the Ministry of Education) and school administrators who do not teach at least fifty percent of their time, full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, private English Language tutors, and teachers from schools primarily serving expatriates are not eligible.
- Applicants who have in the past eight years (at the time of application) traveled to the U.S. for a degree or exchange program, e.g., Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) or International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), or to other Western countries for professional development would need additional justification from nominating committees as to why they should be selected to go to the U.S. for the Fulbright TEA program.
- The U.S. Embassy Tallinn recruits and nominates candidates only from Estonia.
Program contact VitsutT@state.gov