Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tallinn, Estonia (April 1, 2020)
Event: The Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports all passenger ferry traffic going from Tallinn to Helsinki will be suspended in the upcoming days. The U.S. Embassy is monitoring this situation and will provide updated information as received. Until passenger service is suspended, the Finnish Border Guard has indicated Americans with residency in Estonia or another EU country can enter Helsinki by ferry from Tallinn, with confirmation of an onward transfer out of the country through the Helsinki Airport.
As previously reported, passenger flights from Tallinn Airport are extremely limited with three weekly flights to Frankfurt. German officials have confirmed American citizens arriving from Estonia must remain in the airport’s transit zone. Onward flights to the United States will require an overnight stay in Frankfurt. One airport transit hotel, “My Cloud,” is available the for travelers in transit status.
Americans interested in departing Estonia for the United States are encouraged to look at the contact information for airlines at Tallinn Airport here, and to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Americans returning to the United States from Estonia are required to quarantine. More information can be found on the Department of Homeland Security’s Fact Sheet.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Estonia.
- Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Assistance: U. S. Embassy Tallinn Kentmanni 20 15099 Tallinn Estonia +372 668 8100 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129 https://ee.usembassy.gov/ State Department - Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Estonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter