Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tallinn, Estonia (March 23, 2020)
Event: Beginning Friday, March 27, 2020, there will potentially be no flights to major European transit hubs out of Tallinn Airport indefinitely. The U.S. Embassy reiterates the State Department’s Level Four Global Health Advisory, stating “U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.”
Contact information for air carriers operating out of Tallinn airport is available here.
Finland, Russia, and Latvia have all moved to restrict entry into their countries for anyone other than citizens and residents. The Finnish Border Guard has indicated Americans with residency in Estonia or another EU country can enter Helsinki by ferry from Tallinn, and transfer out of the country at Helsinki Airport. Americans without residency in Estonia or another E.U. member state likely will not have this option.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Estonia.
- Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Tallinn Kentmanni 20 15099 Tallinn Estonia +372 668 8100