Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tallinn, Estonia (March 31, 2020)
Event: Passenger flights from Tallinn Airport continue to remain extremely limited. Currently, Lufthansa flies from Tallinn to Frankfurt three times per week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. This flight arrives in Germany after onward flights for the United States have departed and travelers may be required to stay in the airport transfer zone until their onward flight the next day.
Americans interested in departing Estonia for the United States are encouraged to look at the contact information for airlines at Tallinn Airport here, and to write us at email@example.com. Americans returning to the United States from Estonia are required to quarantine. More information can be found on the Department of Homeland Security’s Fact Sheet.
No international trains or buses are departing Estonia. Local train service is operating on a reduced schedule.
As of March 27, all shopping centers, with the exception of grocery stores and pharmacies, as well as leisure and entertainment establishments are closed per the guidelines of the emergency situation.
Social distancing requirements continue and no more than two people may gather in public places (families living together excepted). All people must maintain two meters of distance from one another in public spaces. Additional requirements have been placed on residents of the municipalities of Saaremaa and Muhumaa. Police are monitoring this situation across Estonia and have begun issuing warnings and fines.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Estonia.
- Visit the Estonian Health Board’s English-language page.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Assistance: U. S. Embassy Tallinn Kentmanni 20 15099 Tallinn Estonia +372 668 8100 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129 https://ee.usembassy.gov/ State Department - Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Estonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter