The U.S. Embassy in Tallinn informs U.S. citizens residing in or traveling through Europe that travel may be delayed or disrupted across the region, including via land borders. We urge U.S. citizen travelers to carry a valid passport and visa or residency card, if applicable, at all times. Please monitor local media reports for up-to-date information regarding border controls in the country you are visiting and consult your travel company regarding disrupted travel. For questions regarding your immigration status in any European country, please contact the embassy or consulate of the country you are transiting or visiting.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Estonia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Estonia, located in Tallinn at Kentmanni 20, at +372 668 8128, 08:30 – 17:30 Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +372 509 2129 or +372 668 8169.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
* * *
We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Estonia enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) at travel.state.gov. STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Regularly monitor the State Department’s website, where you can find current Travel Warnings,Travel Alerts, and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Specific Information for Estonia. For additional information, refer to the “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
Contact the U.S. Embassy for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. You can also call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The U.S. Embassy in Tallinn is located at Kentmanni20, Tallinn and is open from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm on regular business days, 372-668-8128. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency number for the U.S. Embassy is 509-2129 (if calling from the United States, start by dialing 011-372-, and if calling from most other countries, begin by dialing 00-372-), or if there is not an answer please call +372-668-8169. Inquiries about American citizen services provided by the Embassy’s Consular Section may be directed to ACSTallinn@state.gov.