Due to the COVID situation we are currently scheduling a limited number of appointments for U.S. citizens. Please contact email@example.com if you need to schedule an appointment.
Effective November 8, 2021, all non-immigrant, non-U.S. citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States.
Starting December 6, all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States.
Exemptions will be considered on an extremely limited basis. Please contact your nearest embassy or consulate to apply for an exemption. Please visit the CDC webpages for more information about exemptions and the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.
Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until June 30, 2022. See this page for more information.
Please leave laptop computers at home. There is very limited storage at the U.S. Embassy for small personal electronics and visitors are not allowed to enter with the following items:
- Electronic devices such as mobile phones, laptops, IPods, IPads, internet-capable watches, USB sticks, cameras, video cameras, Transaction Authentication Number (TAN) generators or code keys
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
The Embassy’s Consular Section is located at Kentmanni 20 in Tallinn, only a short walk from Old Town.
For assistance with an emergency involving a U.S. citizen during office hours, please call +372 668 8100. If you need assistance after hours for an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please call +372 509 2129. Please note that the second phone number is only staffed outside of the embassy’s normal office hours.
The Embassy is closed on U.S. federal holidays and certain Estonian holidays.