Eligibility Requirements for U.S. Citizen Adult Passport Renewals by Mail
- You can submit your most recent passport book and/or U.S. passport card;
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book and/or passport card was issued;
- You hold a 10-year passport which was issued within the past 15 years;
- Your U.S. Passport has not been limited from the normal 10-year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation or multiple passport thefts/losses; and
- You are not requesting a change in the passport data, other than a name change due to marriage or divorce or court order for which you can submit official documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) to support the name change.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see “Apply for a Passport” for instructions on making an appointment to submit a DS-11 passport application in person at the Embassy and schedule an appointment by writing to ACSTallinn@state.gov.
DS-82 Passport Renewal Form Submission Options
U.S. Embassy Tallinn is accepting online fee payments for adult U.S. Passport renewal applications. Paying online allows you to mail your application to the U.S. Embassy without the need to apply in person. Qualifying adult passport renewal applicants may pay the $130 passport renewal fee online via U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S. based bank account, Amazon Pay, or PayPal.
Instructions for DS-82 Processing by Mail and Online Fee Payment – for U.S. Citizens Residing in Estonia:
Step 1: Complete the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form. Please complete the entire form online and then print. Be sure to sign and date the form where indicated.
Social Security Number: Please note that according to U.S. law (26 USC 6039E) applicants for U.S. passports must provide a correct Social Security Number on the passport application. Failure to provide a Social Security Number if you have been issued one can result in a $500 fine enforced by the IRS. If you have never been issued a Social Security Number, write zeros in the boxes and sign the affidavit of no Social Security number.
Step 2: Obtain one color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; full face, frontal view against a plain white or off-white background.
Step 3: Include the passport you are renewing in the package you mail to the Embassy.
Step 4: Pay the $130 passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. You must print the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email after successfully paying the fee and include it in the package you send to the embassy. Note: We do not accept any other forms of payment for mail in applications.
Step 5: Mail your DS-82 passport application form, photo, previous passport, printed copy electronic payment receipt, and self-addressed, stamped, return envelope to:
US Embassy – Consular Section
Be sure to include a return address on the package as well as your Estonian cell phone number. We recommend you use a courier service, not regular mail.