Humanitarian Assistance and Visa Information for Ukrainians who have evacuated to Estonia
The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.
See our Directory of Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.
The United States Embassy in Tallinn has resumed normal visa operations in all categories for applicants who are resident in Estonia. Please note that the wait times listed on the travel.state.gov website are only for Estonian residents.
We can’t provide personalized answers by email, social media, or telephone about topics that are covered on our website.
We are currently offering immigrant visa appointments.
Travel to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange.
For foreign citizens who want to live permanently in the United States.
What is a Visa?
A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.
(Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.).
The Contact Center is operated under contract with the U.S. Department of State by Stanley Associates Inc. (CGI Federal).
For detailed information about Non-Immigrant Visas please visit Contact Center’s website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ee
Estonian, English and Russian speaking customer service agents are ready to assist you from 09:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. local Estonian time. The call center is closed weekends and Estonian national holidays, as observed by the U.S. posts.
Callers in Estonia: Call +372-880-6000
Callers in the United States: Call +1 (703) 520-2564
To reach a customer service representative via email regarding interview scheduling, visa fee payment or for routine visa processing questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For case-specific visa inquiries and for diplomatic visas, write to VisaTallinn@state.gov
Customer Service Statement
The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the United States. We are committed to the essential openness for which the United States has always been known. Travel to the United States is welcomed and encouraged.
We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique.
- We will remember that, to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to fairly assist all applicants to get appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
- We will provide information on non-immigrant appointment waiting times at every Embassy and Consulate posted on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html.
- We will explain the reason for any visa denial to you.
Furthermore, if you are a:
- Student, we will make every effort to ensure that you get an appointment and, if qualified, a visa in time to start classes.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler, we will expedite processing for those dealing with life threatening emergencies.
- Business traveler, we will establish appropriate mechanisms to facilitate business travel and expedite cases of particular concern to American business.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
- Prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.